Re: [LAU] ubuntu vs arch

From: Atte André Jensen <atte@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 20 2011 - 10:40:43 EEST

On 09/20/2011 08:55 AM, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
> On 09/20/2011 08:32 AM, Atte André Jensen wrote:
>> Whenever a window is dragged, or there's disk activity or something like
>> that there's an x-run.
>
> Hello Atte,
>
> Maybe the USB host controller shares its interrupt with the GPU? Could
> you post the output of *cat /proc/interrupts* ?

As I'm away from the computer ATM, I cannot provide the output, but I
ran cat /proc/interrupts, and AFAIR almost nothing was shared, I
remember being both impressed and puzzled...

> And what JACK settings
> are you using?

Don't remember the exact settings, but priority round 65 or 85,
frames/period 128 (even very problematic at 256), periods/buffer at 3,
samplerate 48000.

> And did you try different USB ports, different USB cables?

I thought about that but didn't get around to trying that. I think it
has 4 usb ports + it sits in a docking station with additional 2-3
ports. I *should* make no difference according to my logic, but my logic
has failed before, so...

The cable was the same I used on my box, where performance was great...

--
Atte
http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk