Re: [LAU] Drum "smasher" glitch plugin

From: Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 21 2011 - 15:15:00 EEST

On 09/21/2011 02:06 PM, harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> I was quite fond of a certain VST plugin called Glitch:
> http://illformed.org/plugins/glitch/
> Its essentially a drum "stretcher", "retrigger", "shuffler", "gater"
> etc.. all in one.
> Pretty cool stuff, load it up and you've got a much more entrataining
> drum loop!
>
> The plugin works under FST, but latencies on my system make it
> impractical for live use.
> So I'm searching for alternatives... any suggestions? All native linux
> suggestions welcome!
>
> Cheers, -Harry

Hello Harry,

If you're willing to invest some money: http://www.loomer.co.uk/sequent.htm
I think the closest you will get plug-in and open source wise is
probably argotlunar: http://argotlunar.info/ (but that's basically more
a granulator)
And then there's Smasher which uses Csound to work on samples:
http://smasher.sourceforge.net/. But it's not real-time and has no
direct JACK support (it uses Gstreamer). And you might want to take a
look at Composite: http://gabe.is-a-geek.org/composite/

Best,

Jeremy