Re: [LAU] Focusrite Saffire 6 USB Audio Interface

From: Peter Crighton <petecrighton@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 21 2011 - 21:27:18 EEST

I also really did want to buy the Focusrite Saffire 6 USB, but
unfortunately it does not seem to work. See these discussions:
http://goo.gl/lXzWe
http://goo.gl/fu0zr
http://goo.gl/pHxfL

As far as my research goes, similar devices are:
– Presonus Audiobox
– M-Audio Fast Track Pro
– M-Audio Mobile Pre MK II (it's in my list, but I can't remember if
it works as flawlessly as the others)
– Lexicon Alpha/Lambda/Omega Studio

They are all selling for 100-200€ in Germany (apart from the Lexicon
Alpha, which is smaller and cheaper).
There is also the Roland (or Cakewalk or Edirol) UA-25(EX), which
seems to be a favourite for many people, but it is discontinued and
disappeared out of the big German stores only some days ago.

I am not decided yet which device to buy. Is there one device, that
has clearly better (or worse) quality than the others? Especially in
regard to the mic preamps? I heard only good of the Focusrite preamps,
so I'm quite sad that it does not work. (Looking at the Focusrite
Saffire Pro 40 as well, but I need a small USB device first for use
with my laptop.)

2011/9/14 Hartmut Noack <zettberlin@linuxuse.de>:
> Am 14.09.2011 13:09, schrieb Jeremy Jongepier:
>>
>> On 09/14/2011 10:12 AM, Hartmut Noack wrote:
>>>
>>> Enybody out there, who knows reliable and Linux-proof USB2-devices  for
>>> say, less than 250,- ?
>>
>> Hello Hartmut,
>>
>> Maybe this Wiki page could be helpful:
>> http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/current_audio_gear
>
> nice page, looks very promising. :-)
>

>> Best,
>>
>> Jeremy

Peter Crighton | (mainly) Progressive Rock musician based in
Mainz/Wiesbaden, Germany
http://www.petercrighton.de