Re: [LAU] Concert with low delay realtime linux audio spatial processing

From: Giso Grimm <gg3137@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 22 2011 - 09:38:16 EEST

On 09/22/2011 03:43 AM, S. Massy wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 09:17:42PM +0200, Giso Grimm wrote:
>> [...] a concert with low delay Ambisonics processing
>> of acoustic instruments, the signal processing using linux audio (many
>> components are written by Fons (ambdec, jconvolver) or based on code
>> from Fons and J?rn (panning methods)):
>>
>> Harmony of the Spheres
>> Cosmology and Number Aesthetics in 16th and 20th century Music for Viola
>> da Gamba
>>
>> Sunday, Sep. 25th, 4pm
>> Haus im Park, Z?richer Str. 40
>> Bremen, Germany
>>
>> [...]
> Any chance this will be recorded and made available in some form or
> other? I find it extremely intriguing, but am allas geographically
> challenged. :)

Hi,

I plan to record the microphone signals, from which I can then recreate
the Ambisonics mix. However, it is difficult to create a stereo downmix
of this (I tried a headphone downmix via dummy head HRTFs, which is fine
but don't allow you to turn your head, I don't think it is possible to
create acceptable loudspeaker downmixes). Publishing all recordings will
not be possible due to legal issues (many of the composers are still
alive, and the exploitation rights of some pieces are explicitly
restricted), but I will upload some examples afterwards.

It could be possible to make a life transmission of the Ambisonics
stream (not at this occasion, but at later ones) to an Ambisonics-setup
anywhere in the world.

Cheers,

Giso