Re: [LAU] New blog about Recording on Linux

From: Tony Austin <gigaday@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Oct 01 2011 - 22:59:14 EEST

David

Thanks for that. I have done a little research and I am not sure that all
of the things you mention are as risky as you suggest. The OS you are using
does make a difference, as I understand it, because the JS exploit will be
downloading the malicious executable from a web site rather than actually
carrying out the exploit itself. Also, the malicious JS will need to
exploit a browser vulnerability - so if you keep you browser up to date
there should not be much risk; the malware writers find the vulnerabilities
from the browser authors when they plug the holes and issue and update.

Anyway, this is off topic really, I apologise and you're right there is a
risk. But I am happy to continue with JavaScript enabled on my computers.

Tony