Re: [LAU] Akai EWI

From: Al Thompson <althompson58@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 04 2011 - 05:07:45 EEST

On 10/03/2011 09:50 PM, Bob van der Poel wrote:
>> They will, but I haven't as yet found a way to get things in XP under
>> Virtualbox to communicate with Linux programs (MIDI or audio).
> Works fine here. If I recall correctly, you need to install the "guest
> additions". This is done once you have the xp client running ... it's
> the <devices> menu.
>
> Next, just go to the <devices> menu and enable the USB-MIDI device you
> have (I'm assume you are using a USB->MIDI, don't know about a MIDI
> card).

What I'm trying to do, with no luck so far, is run Sonar under XP and
have it send MIDI to Linuxsampler, and send the audio back from
Linuxsampler to Sonar.

--
---
Check out the website I've been cobbling together.  It will never be

My blog, with commentary on a variety of things, including audio,
mixing, equipment, etc, is at:
   http://audioandmore.wordpress.com

Staat heißt das kälteste aller kalten Ungeheuer.  Kalt lügt es auch;
und diese Lüge kriecht aus seinem Munde: 'Ich, der Staat, bin das Volk.'
                                                - [Friedrich Nietzsche]