Re: [LAU] Beatrix ignores noteoffs

From: Joel Roth <joelz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 04 2011 - 11:21:10 EEST

On Tue, Oct 04, 2011 at 09:01:25AM +0200, Robert Jonsson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> not entirely related but did anyone approach the author about GPL:ing
> Beatrix recently?
> I know I did, about half a decade ago, at which point he said he would
> consider it if he no longer has any interest in it (not sure of his wording,
> think that was the gist though). Last release was a very long time ago...

As I understand it, the software (much developed since the
last release of Beatrix) is now part of a commercial
"clonewheel" organ, manufactured in Italy. As such, the
author is not particularly interested in relaxing
the licensing restrictions.

IOW, possibilities for future community development of Beatrix
are somewhat limited.

Cheers,

Joel