Re: [LAU] rme express cards

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 05 2011 - 22:36:41 EEST

On Wed, Oct 05, 2011 at 09:24:25PM +0200, Peter Plessas wrote:

> anyone having experiences with the RME express cards with Multi/Digiface
> under Linux and Alsa? Thanks for a quick update!

I've been using one with the Multiface II for the last 8 months,
it works perfectly.

The only problem I see with it is the delicacy of the mechanical
latch that is supposed to keep the card in place. The cable
connecting it to the Multi/Digiface is quite stiff, enough to
break the latch when you move the cable with any force. As
happened to me when some *!#^$ composer put his shoulder bag
on it during a concert. Since then it's possible to pull out
the card without pushing it inward first, and I have to
gaffer-tape he cable to the table to prevent this happening
accidentally.

Greetings from Berlusconistan,

--
FA