Re: [LAU] [OT] Message on Italian Wikipedia

From: Louigi Verona <louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 05 2011 - 23:12:42 EEST

About fascism... I must say if you read up history of ANY country, you will
find things one might not be proud of as well as to be proud of. There are
no
bad countries and good countries, there is just no such thing. The fascism
comment is similar to comments they tell me about Russia (and I am
Russian, although I have an Italian nick!), like - yeah, well what do you
want,
they had communism in Russia.
But this really says nothing, because a historical event of such proportion
has extremely complex effect on society in those countries and it is not
straightforward at all. In Russia, for instance, years of communism have
elevated
a strong individualistic approach when USSR was over, which is nowadays even
less evident in the
western countries than in Russia. So saying - well, Russians are all
communists - is simply being in error.

My point - is that if a country has a history of smth, you don't know if
that
experience made people favor it or hate it even more than outsiders.

--
Louigi Verona
http://www.louigiverona.ru/