Re: [LAU] [ANN] Qtractor 0.5.1 - The Bravo Yankee return!

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 06 2011 - 17:25:38 EEST

 On Thu, 06 Oct 2011 14:41:28 +0400, Artem Vakhitov <temcat@email-addr-hidden>
 wrote:
> On 06.10.2011 14:11, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
>>> Nice nice and useful too but then again.... what if I copy/paste a
>>> drum-clip and want to add a crash-hit to it whithout having that
>>> crash
>>> on every clip the copy has derived from? Is there some option such
>>> as
>>> "right-klick/make new individual clip from copy"?
>>
>> you'll have to pick the clip in question, the one you wish to unlink
>> or
>> detach, and from the midi editor window (aka. piano-roll) you should
>> save it with a brand new midi filename (ie. File/Save As...)
>>
>> maybe this could go as an "one-click" procedure, like you suggest,
>> as a
>> new clip context-menu entry: "Unlink" or "Detach" or whatever:).
>> noted.
>>

> Do linked clips stand out visually somehow? I think it would make
> sense to make the link easily discoverable - say with color, labeling
> etc.
>
> Also, in addition to (or instead of) the Unlink/Detach option it
> would be nice if the program just asked the user who attempts to
> change a linked clip (or save a linked clip that has been changed)
> whether he/she wants to change all the related clips or just this
> one.

 i'd prefer to think "the mighty user" always know what he/her's doing
 ;)

 too much nagging questions were once the ban in qtractor. after some
 power-user requests, it all got leveled down to a bare minimum, and to
 good measure, if i may say :)

 you might have a better idea now. or you could elaborate one even
 further. let's know about it :)

 let me not wait in vain

--
 rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela