Re: [LAU] Midas Venice F32 Alsa?

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Oct 10 2011 - 01:36:18 EEST

On Sun, Oct 09, 2011 at 11:54:19PM +0200, Peter Plessas wrote:

> there is an exciting new mixing desk in the Midas product range, the
> "Venice F32" which has Firewire I/Os. Does anyone know if it will work
> with Alsa/Ffado?

No idea. But as far as I know Midas they probably haven't
developed this (the firewire interface) themselves, so it
could be similar to something existing. Midas are part of
the 'The Music Group' <http://www.music-group.com/brands.html>,
this may or may not provide some hint as to where they got
the firewire technology.

Apart from that, the original Venice range of mixers is
really well designed, it's one of my favourite types of
analog mixer. In fact I've been using one earlier today.

Ciao,

--
FA