Re: [LAU] Beatrix ignores noteoffs

From: Robin Gareus <robin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 11 2011 - 17:08:13 EEST

On 10/04/2011 10:05 PM, S. Massy wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 04, 2011 at 07:08:00AM +0200, Roy Vegard Ovesen wrote:
>> On Mon, 2011-10-03 at 17:19 -0400, S. Massy wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I got Beatrix patched and running, but it doesn't seem to receive/honour
>>> noteoffs: so notes don't decay.
>>
>> I had the same problem. Actually Beatrix does honor noteoff, but it does
>> not treat noteon with velocity=0 as noteoff. Try the attached patch.
> Thanks, it indeed does the trick!

Thanks as well! Being the author of said bug, I took the liberty to
update the jack/alsa patch to include this fix.
  http://gareus.org/wiki/beatrix

hypothetically speaking: If one would want to fix the denominal bug in
Beatrix' built-in Leslie cabinet: s/he would change whirl.c:951 to
  float x = (float) (*xp++) + 1e-30f;

The above JACK/ALSA patch is additive only. Since we are not allowed to
directly "quote" a line from the beatrix source-code, adding the
denominal fix to the patch would render it non-distributable. (Maybe
"float x = (float) (*xp++);" actually falls under public-domain, or
fair-use but I'm not taking the chances :)

best,
robin