Re: [LAU] Recommended USB interface with 2 XLR inputs?

From: Bernardo Barros <bernardobarros2@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 11 2011 - 22:19:34 EEST

Hi all, just my report.

I ended up buying the USBPre2.

It works great under Linux, but since ALSA does not have USB2.0
support yet, I can only use 48k sample rate.

The sound that comes out of the device is really good quality.

Pros:
+ I can't even start comparing with the SaffirePro, it is REALLY MUCH BETTER,
  no doubt. One second of testing is enough.
+ I don't know what could be more important then support and sound
quality, but it has
  a good number of out/input options.

Cons:
  + ALSA could offer better support for USB2.0, even though it works
great under 48k.
  (but it's more an ALSA feature request)

  + it's a bit expensive. I don't know if the price is fair, but maybe
it is. Maybe they just
  use good quality parts and assembly in US instead of China. I don't know.