Re: [LAU] Some little tunes

From: Florian Paul Schmidt <mista.tapas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 18 2011 - 17:30:06 EEST

On 10/18/2011 03:42 PM, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hello florian!
> I like Phosphorus and I can see loads of directions this could take.
> It would be great, if you went back to it at some point.

Yeah, these recordings are basically "scratch pads" so I can go back to
them at some point with e.g. a more complete band (with a bass player
that doesn't suck and maybe a percussionist plus keys instead of second
guitar)..

> I'm not so fond of Violao Arvensis, but that's just personal taste.
> I can still see, how this might sound with some more arrangement. I
> think it's the bass, that is putting me off. So straight, it makes it
> sound clumsy, which it really isn't.
> Well, these are just my tuppence. It's good work and I'd really like
> to meet with it again, after some more elaboration.

Yeah, I'm not too happy with the bass in violao arvensis either. It's a
bit muddy and directionless, i must admit :D

   Warm regards
> Julien

Thanks for the kind words,
Flo