Re: [LAU] Something New From Me

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 18 2011 - 22:42:04 EEST

Hello will!
   It is the whole idea of brass, that I don't like with the piece. It sounds
so harsh and abrupt in itself. Not the way it comes in, but the sound. It's so
strong and brassy. I like some contrast, but for me it simply doesn't fit into
the atmosphere. perhaps some softer brass might just have fitted for my ears
and my brain. :-)
   As to the bass; I do have monitor connected and it still sounds rather low
in the mix. Couldn't you go and highpass filter the bass at 50Hz? It would
still have lots of oomph and you would be able to raise the level, without it
sounding too loud on your speakers. Just an idea...
   At any rate, a nice piece and I do very much like you picking up the guitar.
Continue down that road, it really adds something valuable to your music.
   Warm regards
                Julien

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;

====== Find my music at ======