Re: [LAU] Something New From Me

From: Folderol <folderol@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 19 2011 - 19:06:16 EEST

On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 20:03:44 -0400
"S. Massy" <lists@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 11:56:08PM +0100, Folderol wrote:
> > Adjusted the bass a bit. Is that better?
> > (same links as before)
> Much. Still too much sub-bass to my taste, but that's a matter of
> opinion. What matters is that the bass comes through and is even with
> the bass drum.
>
> Listening to it much louder, I notice the pad has a bit of an edge in
> very high frequencies which can hurt the ear.
>
> Cheers,
> S.M.

Well, I have now cut the sub a bit, and applied some EQ to both of the 'sharp'
sounds. I agree they were a bit too bright. I've also dropped the whistle an
octave, it tended to merge with the lead sound.

Thanks again for your comments, and I think this is really where I should stop
tinkering!

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk