Re: [LAU] New music, made with Ardour 3

From: Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 20 2011 - 17:26:35 EEST

On 10/20/2011 03:22 PM, Leigh Dyer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just finished my first track that makes extensive use of Ardour 3's
> MIDI features. I definitely put it through its paces -- there's MIDI CC
> automation, plugin and fader automation, and synths of all varieties
> (hardware, external JACK software, and LV2 and VST plugins):
>
> http://wootangent.net/~lsd/music/releases/texel/texel.ogg
> http://wootangent.net/~lsd/music/releases/texel/texel.mp3
> http://wootangent.net/~lsd/music/releases/texel/texel.flac
>
> I ran in to my fair share of problems, as you'd expect with alpha
> software, but overall I think Ardour 3 is shaping up very well indeed.
> I've written a bunch of details about the production on my blog; links
> are provided below:
>
> http://wootangent.net/2011/10/new-track-texel/
> http://wootangent.net/2011/10/new-music-update/
>
> Hope you enjoy it!
>
> Thanks
> Leigh

OMG!!! This is simply stunningly beautiful music!!! What a great track
Leigh, Album Leaf eat your heart out ;) The intro is a bit deceptive but
once the Rhodes kicks in I'm hooked. And those eerie voices, they blend
perfectly with the glitchy drums, Blofeld sounds and the constant
Monosynth bleeps. Gee, huge props for this piece of work! I have one big
negative remark though: it's too short!
The name of the track, is it related to the island of Texel
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texel)?
Can't wait to get my hands on Cumulus, anxiously awaiting Computer Music
#171, I see it just got out so I'll run off to the store after work to
check if it has hit the shelves already.

Best,

Jeremy