Re: [LAU] [LAA] [ANN] VMPK & FluidSynth 0.1.0 for Meego Harmattan

From: Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas <pedro.lopez.cabanillas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 21 2011 - 00:16:55 EEST

On Thursday 20 October 2011, rosea grammostola wrote:
> On 10/12/2011 12:28 AM, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas wrote:
> > VMPK& FluidSynth is a MeeGo Harmattan application for Nokia N9/N950
> > smartphones. It contains a QML based VMPK user interface bundled with
> > FluidSynth for sound generation.
[...]
> How hard would it be to get this working on Maemo, n900?

The FluidSynth part would be trivial, as both Maemo and Meego-Harmattan are
Linux distros with ALSA and PulseAudio support. The piano keyboard widget is
multi-platform, so it would be be trivial to port as well. Qt 4.7 is already
available for Maemo. The tricky part would be the "Qt Quick Components"
library [1], that is not available on Maemo, AFAIK. Anyway, I don't have a
N900, so I'm not going to try the port myself.

Regards,
Pedro

[1] http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qt-components-symbian-1.0/index.html