Re: [LAU] Recommend inexpensive monitors and headphones

From: Brett McCoy <idragosani@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 21 2011 - 18:00:01 EEST

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 10:53 AM, Artem Vakhitov <temcat@mail.ru> wrote:
> On 21.10.2011 17:06, Brett McCoy wrote:
>>
>> I use the BX5s in my studio + the Sub-woofer. They work quite well,
>> although a bit more expensive than the 30s or 40s.
>
> I'm now considering BX5s, besides AV30/40. Tell me more about the subwoofer:
> do you use it all the time or for some specific tasks? I guess sound
> perception is quite different with and without it...

It's good to turn it off to see how it sounds without the sub (to make
sure your mix really has the proper bottom end and you aren't relying
on the sub to give it to your mix), but in general I mix with the sub.
Of course, when mixing with headphones there's no sub, or testing out
mixes with crappy iPhone earbuds or car stereo.

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.electricminstrel.com