Re: [LAU] Looking for Audio Watermarking Advice & Tools

From: Mario Lang <mlang@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Oct 24 2011 - 00:58:47 EEST

Nick Copeland <nickycopeland@hotmail.com> writes:

>> I'm looking for a Linux solution to watermarking audio
>
> Are you looking at an open operating system to help you close your
> mind? Forget the technical issues involved, I personally think you are
> talking to the wrong community: watermarking is a means of restricting
> distribution of visual material.
>
> Linux is not about restricting distribution of anything.

I fully agree with Fons, you are mixing two things up here.

The tool is not the same as what you make with it, period.

Trying to claim that because Linux is free, you can only make free
things with it is just wrong. Dont get me wrong, I am also a strong
advocate for free software and open licenses. But trying to force
people to those concepts just because they are using a free operating
system is the wrong way to approach it.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕