Re: [LAU] Looking for Audio Watermarking Advice & Tools

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Oct 24 2011 - 01:15:35 EEST

Kevin Cosgrove wrote:
> On 23 October 2011 at 17:38, Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 08:13:24AM -0700, Kevin Cosgrove wrote:
>>
>>> The subject line says it all. I'm looking for a Linux solution to
>>> watermarking audio. Thanks...
>> I've never seen any. The amount of work to develop such a thing
>> would depend on your exact requirements. Important parameters
>> are:
>
> I never thought much about requirements, as I wasn't thinking of
> creating one.
>
>> * Which operations should leave the watermark intact. If this
>> includes lossy encoding/decoding things get more difficult.
>
> Maybe version 0.5 would work with lossless and version 2.X would
> work with lossy?

I used to use watermarking on some of my photos. There's really no way
to watermark a photo in a way that can't be essentially negated via
graphic manipulations.

I think that if the software needed to verify the watermark is open
source, anyone will know how to identify the elements of the file that
comprise the watermark. Then they'll also know how to remove them.

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden