Re: [LAU] OT - Digital Rights

From: Louigi Verona <louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Oct 24 2011 - 22:09:01 EEST

Although very often people who go into the copyright debate insist on
talking only about economical issues,
in reality the question of digital rights almost instantly in every debate
jumps into non-economical areas of
the role of culture in life of society, personal motivation, freedom and
many other questions.

So each time someone offers an economical analysis, by which I mean the
calculation of investment and
profit, this analysis lacks satisfying completeness simply because many
variables of the equation are left
out.

Additionally, I question the usefulness of such analysis, as simply knowing
how much money went into
something and how much of that investment was returned says very little
about the issue and the
validity of concepts behind it.

Louigi.