Re: [LAU] small/cheap devices that can run jackd?

From: Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 25 2011 - 11:20:18 EEST

On 10/25/2011 10:10 AM, david wrote:
> And if you set it up so it's running either no GUI or a very light
> desktop environment, and turn off things like wireless, it should work
> reasonably.

True. I've set up the netbook to disable all services and unload all
drivers I don't need when booting with a realtime kernel. And it runs a
light DE, rtirq and CPU scaling is set to performance. Also make sure
your audio device isn't sharing an interrupt with something else. In my
case the onboard soundcard shares an interrupt with a USB controller. I
need to unbind the controller otherwise CPU load on the tasklets will
quickly rise.

Best,

Jeremy