Re: [LAU] Linux-audio-user Digest, Vol 56, Issue 40

From: Christoph Kuhr <christoph.kuhr@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Oct 29 2011 - 10:13:16 EEST

>> A suggestion: start with providing just digital interfaces: ADAT, and
>> MADI if you're ambitious. Both are quite straightforward.
>> I wouldn't forget poor old AES (including SPDIF.)

How about a standard adc stage with FPGA processing/routing and I2S bus.
For ADAT there are already the OPTOGEN and OPTOREC modules (dont have the links right now). Then ADAT and spdiff/aes-ebu as standard interfaces.
An optional XMOS low cost board for avb, which is capable of I2S.
And a FPGA extension board for MADI and ieee1394 also connected via I2S.

I kinda like the idea... could be highly flexible...

Second step: same device as DAC...

Ck