Re: [LAU] RT in Arch Linux

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 15 2011 - 23:15:02 EET

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 09:02:50PM +0000, James Morris wrote:

> Just wanting to know what people are doing for RT audio on Arch Linux?
>
> Have got a bit out of the loop on these matters.
>
> Not entirely sure what I had configured before... Think it was just
> the standard kernel, but since 3.1 (possibly) (or a couple of weeks
> ago) I'm informed that "JACK is running in realtime mode, but you are
> not allowed to use realtime scheduling."

Where do you get that message ?

I've been using Arch for the last two years on many systems
and never had any problems related to RT. Today I updated
one of them to 3.1, and the only problem I got was that now
I have to explicitly start the system dbus service (by adding
it to the DEAMONS array in /etc/rc.conf) otherwise the window
manager would fail to start. Audio seemed to work OK, but I
didn't test it in depth.

Ciao,

--
FA
Vor uns liegt ein weites Tal, die Sonne scheint - ein Glitzerstrahl.