Re: [LAU] RT in Arch Linux

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 15 2011 - 23:42:19 EET

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 09:31:42PM +0000, James Morris wrote:

> On 15 November 2011 21:15, Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
> > Where do you get that message ?
>
> When starting jackd. It further informs me that I don't have a sane
> system configuration.
>
> The only way I can get JACK running is to use the --no-realtime
> switch. Then, for example, using the mouse scroll wheel on web pages
> causes audible crackling.
>
> I've been using JACK flawlessly up until a month or so ago (roughly
> the last time I recall using it).

A few basics (just to be sure):

- Check /etc/security/limits.conf, where you should give
  RT and memlock privileges to the audio group.
- Check if you are in the audio group.

If these are OK, the usual suspects are obese desktops like
Gnome and KDE, their zillions of dependencies and daemons,
and their security configurations using polkit and consolekit.
If that's the case I can't help, I'm not using those.

Ciao,

--
FA
Vor uns liegt ein weites Tal, die Sonne scheint - ein Glitzerstrahl.