Re: [LAU] sound devices usbpre2

From: alexander <axeldenstore@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 18 2011 - 20:04:05 EET

On 11/18/2011 07:15 PM, Thomas Vecchione wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 12:40 PM, alexander <axeldenstore@email-addr-hidden
> <mailto:axeldenstore@email-addr-hidden>> wrote:
>

> That's what you do to force it into usb1.1 :) where it works very
> well indeed. In usb2 it works in 'capture only' not 'duplex' and
> not 'playback only', So I'm guessing it has something to do with
> the playback..
>
> This is what the messages window says, http://pastebin.com/uXsDujZq
>

> By the way, have you tried it with just ALSA instead of Jack to see if
> it works properly there?
>
> Seablade

Yup, it doesn't :/ but I might try it again.. I experienced some 'linux
magic' yesterday when my .asoundrc file suddenly started to work... so
maby it can happen for usb2 audio too... However, personally I don't
really have any use for usb2 atm, it works perfectly well as an
48khz24bit usb1 device :) It would be nice not to having to remember to
hold the input button when powering it on tho, where is alsa development
taking place?