Re: [LAU] ALSA: Using a plugin only for capture

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 07 2011 - 00:33:35 EET

On Tue, Dec 06, 2011 at 11:27:09PM +0100, Julien Claassen wrote:

> I didn't fnd this one, but it looked very similar. It said, that the
> output could go to a hardware or software mixer (dmix or plughw). It does
> work on the capture part. I've tested it and there it does, what it's
> supposed to do, but the playback for that user sounds just horrible. :-)
> Unfortunately my options are very limited by being restricted to pure
> alsa here.

If you have a working ALSA hw: device, and it's not too weird
regarding sample formats etc. then Jack should just work with it.
Also the ALSA to Jack bridge just works, at least here and on five
or so other systems I installed it on.

Ciao,

--
FA
Vor uns liegt ein weites Tal, die Sonne scheint - ein Glitzerstrahl.