Re: [LAU] New floss made album released, Garage Orchestra! - The decison of Don Rodrigo

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 08 2011 - 00:25:49 EET

On Wed, Dec 07, 2011 at 12:54:22PM -0800, James Warden wrote:

> My comment was:
>
> "your music sucks real bad. You have the technical means to produce
> something, so why don't you use them to create good music ?"
>
> Yes, it is harsh but perfectly valid. As valid as "your music is
> fucking good! Why don't you go on and make some more ?"

I agree that is valid, but it's also quite harsh. Who are you
referring to by the 'your' in 'your music sucks real bad' ?

Giorgio is running a commercial studio. It is supposed to
provide his income (and maybe some money to be returned to
investors). It's not his music. He's done the engineering
and has, IMHO, done a good job. Even if the music is crap,
and I agree it is, he can be proud of what he has done.

> The spectrum of opinions is vast and does not have to be biased
> toward one end only.

I agree. Youtube is not anyone's private marketing channel.
If someone can't stand criticism he/she should just keep out.

> Why has my comment disappeared ? And most
> of all, why can't I log in any longer on youtube-google under my
> usual nickname ? This looks hardly like a technical error but a
> deliberate attempt at muting voices going against the consensus.

If that turns out to be true (and it wouldn'd surprise me) that
does confirm what has been obvious for a long time: the so-called
'social' media are dominated by US 'social' standards. Just read
the User Agreements of Google, Facebook, Twitter or whatever. And
US standards mean that you may be free, but you have to 'conform'.

> I find the music of this band totally tasteless, regardless of
> the production quality. If you post the fruit of your efforts
> on a public space, it is because you want to expose it to the
> opinion of many people. You should therefore expect some opinions
> like mine as much as those of fans of your stuff.

I agree 100%, but I'm well aware that many won't.

Ciao,

--
FA
Vor uns liegt ein weites Tal, die Sonne scheint - ein Glitzerstrahl.