Re: [LAU] eliminating xruns on 64-bit Arch ?

From: Mac <ussndmac@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 15 2011 - 14:52:27 EET

Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 07:49:23 -0500
Subject: Re: eliminating xruns on 64-bit Arch ?
> From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
> Subject: [LAU] eliminating xruns on 64-bit Arch ?
<snip>
> Greetings,
>
> I like my Arch system, but its rt performance is simply not so good as
> my old 64 Studio installation. I think I have it optimized, but I wonder
> if there isn't more I could do to eradicate the occurrrence of xruns
> when recording with Ardour. Technical details follow.

 A couple years back I did a lot of this sort of parameter adjusting
to get Ubuntu Studio (vintage 9.x) to work with
as few xruns as possible with 2 AF12's.

After getting it running I did the same in vintage UB Studio 10.x, but
could never get it to the point of no xruns in a 2 hour recording.

I then stumbled on AVLinux. I installed it, fired up Jack and
Ardour...and it just worked. So that's what I've been using for
sometime now.

This is of course a single data point and I have not had the occasion
to do try anything with later releases. So: YMMV , caveat emptor.

Regards,
Mac