[LAU] Code drops: ivory and proaudio-sound-control

From: Gabriel M. Beddingfield <gabrbedd@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Dec 17 2011 - 19:40:36 EET

Friends,

In the course of the year I did a couple of applications that I'm pretty
proud of. For some good reasons, I've withheld releasing them publicly
until now:

Ivory - a multi-touch, virtual MIDI keyboard controller

     This was originally intended as a proof of concept, but
     was so much darn fun that I pushed it to a beta-level
     application.

     I don't recall if it works with a mouse or not... but
     it's not nearly as cool with a mouse.

     http://gitorious.org/gabrbedd/ivory

proaudio-sound-control - one-stop shopping for Jack and Alsa control

     This is a mash-up of QJackCtl and QasMixer. It discards
     the GIMP-like multi-window interface of QJackCtl (which
     is a major pain on a mobile device). It also adds direct
     access to hardware mixer controls by re-casting QasMixer
     as a widget inside QJackCtl. Say way you want about the
     visual style of QasMixer, but it's the most complete GUI
     interface to ALSA I've found.

     https://gitorious.org/gabrbedd/proaudio-sound-control

CAVEAT EMPTOR: This code is released AS-IS, and I have no plans to
maintain them. It's released in the hope that someone can benefit from
them.[1]

DEMO: There's a video here that demos these on the Indamixx 2 (at the
MeeGo conference last spring)

http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/25/meego-conference-2011-sights-and-sounds-video/

If you're in a hurry, fast-forward to about 1:13. It mostly demos
Ivory... but you also get brief views of proaudio-sound-control while
Tony is switching windows.

-gabriel

[1] For proaudio-sound-control... if someone decides to continue this
     concept, you'll want to have a chat with me first. It works, but
     is implemented in an unmaintainable way.