Re: [LAU] newbie problems with FST

From: Q <lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Dec 18 2011 - 12:44:32 EET

On 17/12/11 01:02, Csillag Kristof wrote:
> Dear linux-audio users,
>
> I am new here, and the world of pro-audio, too.
> I would like to run Kontakt on Linux.
> (Or, to be more specific, I would like to run Galaxy Pianos, which is
> powered by Kontakt.)
>
> My prime candidate for the job is FST. Here is what I have:

[snip]
> I am running jack2 (v1.9.7).
>
> Can you help me fixing this?
>
> Thank you for your help:
>
> Kristof Csillag

Hi Kristof

I'm afraid I can't help specifically as I haven't used FST in a long
time so basically no longer have any experience of it.

I regularly use GForce M-Tron Pro and Virtual String Machine, Native
Instruments B4II and Elektrik Piano. I've not used them for a while, but
I've used on occasions Akoustik Piano, Kore Player and GForce's Oddity.

I've found to be most successful Wine, Wine-asio and running the
standalone .exe versions.

For Oddity and B4II as an effect (running things through the Leslie sim)
though, I've always used as a .dll within the Cantabile Lite VST host
and that's worked well on the whole.

Maybe the Wine route might be worth investigating.

Best wishes