[LAU] jack2: 32bit vs. 64bit

From: Csillag Kristof <csillag.kristof@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 19 2011 - 00:15:23 EET

HI,

Are applications linked with the 32bit jack2 libraries supposed to be
able to connect to the 64bit jack2 deamon running on the same host?

(I am seeing very similar errors from both FST and WineASIO.)

I am running 64-bit Debian, official JACK2 1.9.7 packages,
and since Debian only ships the jack1 version of the 32bit jack libraries,
I have manually replaced these with the jack2 versions.
(Installed them in /usr/lib32.)

   * * *

If this is a problem, then how bad would it be to migrate to a fully
32-bit jack install?
(On this machine, I only intend to run 32-bit jack clients, and the net
back-end.)

What is the performance difference between the 32-bit and 64-bit
versions, on a 64-bit system?

Thank you for your help:

     Kristof