Re: [LAU] kontakt 5 - finally, I am hearing something...

From: Nicola Pandini <nicola.pandini@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 19 2011 - 22:32:44 EET

Il 19/12/2011 17:11, Csillag Kristof ha scritto:
> 1. As standalone exe, using WINE / WineASIO
> 2. As a VST instrument, using WINE / WineASIO / SAVIHost
> 3. As a VST instrument, using Festige / FST.

> - how to patch / configure wine,

Hi, based on my personal experience with NI Battery 3, I achieved the
best performances using FeSTige by falkTX. With FeSTige, rtirq, and Wine
with RT support, you can manage the priority of the ".exe" process, so I
made some experiment and found a good setup.

I also wrote about some experiments I made with Wine and Battery here:
http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?p=56810&sid=28c71399324b7399dd64350b3983feec

This is the command I used to launch it from terminal:
env WINEDEBUG=-all WINE_RT=15 WINE_SRV_RT=10 wine
.wine/drive_c/Programmi/Native\ Instruments/Battery\ 3/Battery\ 3.exe

But, In the end, IMHO I found more reliable to use a native sampler, so
I switch to LinuxSampler :-)

--
Nicola Pandini
http://www.cassandraweb.it/nicolapandini