Re: [LAU] Best midi/osc controllers for linux?

From: Atte André Jensen <atte@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Dec 30 2011 - 16:15:01 EET

On 12/25/2011 08:19 PM, Iain Duncan wrote:
> Hey folks, I'm wondering if people can let me know which pad/knob
> controllers they know to work well if you're going to use them in home
> brewed linux rigs. IE, which ones can be configured flexibly to send
> whatever I want from the pads and knobs, and won't turn out to be kinda
> useless if I'm not using commercial software with them.

I'm using a BCR2000, works well, sends midi, I stick with the default
controller assignment and handle things in my client (either chuck or
renoise).

Nothing beats the Lemur, although almost the same (maybe even more) can
be done with a tablet (samsung galaxy running android would be my bet) +
either something you grab from the market and customize or hack
yourself. I found it kind of interesting that the lemur seems to be out
of production and the software is now available on ios (suggesting
people should buy an ipad + the app and forget about the lemur)...

--
Atte
http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk