[LAU] Update: ALSA Looback - Jack bridge

From: James Warden <warjamy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 04 2012 - 00:43:17 EET

Hello, I have found the time to update my old WIKI page describing how one can use the ALSA Loopback device to bridge ALSA only apps to Jack. I have added : - a little information here and there - detailed some asoundrc examples - added an alternative setup which uses a mix of the Loopback device (for ALSA playback) and input of a second soundcard (onboard chip) for ALSA capture. Read on if you are curious or want to tailor your asoundrc in the case that you are using this trick. Cheers! J.