[LAU] audacity/jack question (kxstudio 10.04 KDE)

From: Aaron L. <elmastero74@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 06 2012 - 08:59:29 EET

So I just fired up Audacity and am running into a weird issue.

After recording something playing from Clementine straight into Audacity, I
don't hear anything on playback.

I do hear something, however, if I go into qjackctl's 'connect' window and
connect "PortAudio" Out 21 and 22 to "System" Playback 1 and 2.....while
it's playing.

(Probably worth mentioning that the outs of "PortAudio" are not always "21"
and "22". They seem to change all the time.)

Anyway, the frustrating issue is that the "PortAudio" entry in Jack's
'connect' window disappears as soon as I hit 'stop' or 'pause' in
Audacity.

Therefore, I have to reconnect it every time I hit 'stop' or 'pause' in
Audacity. And it's only there while Audacity is playing.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks.

Here are my Audacity settings:

Host: Jack Audio Connection Kit