Re: [LAU] monitor specifications

From: Ralf Madorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sat Jan 07 2012 - 14:34:15 EET

On Sat, 2012-01-07 at 12:00 +0000,
linux-audio-user-request@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> Message: 2
> Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2012 01:03:22 -0500
> From: Al Thompson <althompson58@email-addr-hidden>

> On 01/06/2012 12:17 PM, Brendan Jones wrote:
> > I was thinking of rolling my own studio monitors
> > is it possible to do this oneself?

> It's "possible." I wouldn't really recommend it though.

+1 I also won't recommend to do it. It's time consuming and costs lot of
money, good luck and perhaps some knowledge.

OTOH, if you've got much time and a lot of money, you might build a
better monitor than there's on the market. Trail and error is how people
from rich families build some good pro-audio gear. The VM-1 microphone
is such an example. Patience and money in the beginning is all you need.
You even don't need knowledge that much.