Re: [LAU] monitor specifications

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 07 2012 - 23:09:46 EET

On Sat, Jan 07, 2012 at 03:49:25PM -0500, gene heskett wrote:

> Fons, are you perchance old enough to remember the "Karlson" speaker
> cabinet designs from back in the late 50's?

No :-) During the very late 50s I was playing my first notes
on the piano and my father introduced me to the existence of
prime numbers.

But some time in the late 70s, together with my prof of audio
technology at the Brussels broadcasting and media academy, I
constructed some very large linear horns using glass fibre
sheets and epoxy resin. One day we were testing outdoors using
sine sweeps and actually destroyed a window of a neighbour at
25 meters distance. It was a big floor to ceiling one which
turned out to be quite expensive :-)

Ciao,

--
FA
Vor uns liegt ein weites Tal, die Sonne scheint - ein Glitzerstrahl.