Re: [LAU] New Avantgarde Music - or just more Prog?

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 09 2012 - 18:50:21 EET

Hi Carlos!
   Thanks for the warm words of aproval, that feels always good. :-)
   For Raw Magic I used some csound for the processing of the snare drum in a
virtual room. Yet it's mixed in softly. I used a lot of LADSPA stuff, as
always and jconvolver for reverb on various instruments.
   As software sound generators I used LinuxSampler, Beatrix, fluidsynth and
Aeolus.
   In hardware I also used the typical suspects: The NordLead3, the Trition
TR76, the XP-30 and my normal mic. The electirc guitars were a seven string
Ibanez and a six string esp viper. The acoustic guitar was some flamenco
guitar made by a Spanish company. I'd have to ask to get more info on these.
I'm not a guitar buff really. :-) The electric guitars were recorded through a
PodXT Live, if i'm not mistaken.
   As sample sets I also used the usual: Sampletekk/PMI Black Grand medium
ambience, BOB Orchestral Brass, Orchestral Instruments and Postbells. The
natural decaying bass soundfont in fluidsynth and the philharmonic vilin, as
downloadable from linuxsampler.org. Ohand of course the Drumkit From Hell.
   That's it, I believe. :-)
   Warmly yours
           Julien

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;