Re: [LAU] OS for realtime operation

From: Hartmut Noack <zettberlin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 09 2012 - 23:05:35 EET

Am 09.01.2012 18:53, schrieb Moshe Werner:
> Hi Hartmut,
>
> nice to know other openSuse users.
> Which version are you on? Probably 12.1?

11.3 actually, on a T60 Laptop.
Unfortunately many pro-audio packges are not that easy to find in the
Suse-Repos anymore. So many apps like guitarix and others are best build
from source.
The build-environment and devel-packages provided by the repos is
working quite sufficient whatsoever.

> Had no luck with jack2 and pulseaudio on Ubuntu (that is probably due too
> my disability to understand how to set it up correctly).

Same here first but the KXStudio-Overlay solved all this automagically ;-)

Falk TX is indeed top-notch. His packages and his own tools(Catia,
Cadence etc) work as it should be:

http://kxstudio.sourceforge.net/Main_Page

best regards

HZN