Re: [LAU] droning066 and droning071

From: Louigi Verona <louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 14 2012 - 22:08:09 EET

Hey S.M.!

"Are these improvs, or do you write/think them out beforehand?"

A little bit of both. Usually thinking the process out. In droning072 I have
prepared a special master sample that was used to play the whole thing. It
is a small piece that has two same notes in it, played with a pause
in-between. Then I used my MidiLoops tool to trigger that sample in C minor.
The double note adds to the complexity of the texture.

As for the polished sound, I do warn you that there are some things which
sound
less "polished", like droning001 :) But this is how it is intended. I
explore different
forms here, including ultra minimalistic stuff.

If you are more into richer soundscapes, I would advice several, like
droning035,
droning039, droning050, droning054 (which uses a pentatonic sound generator
I wrote
in Pd but still did not release), droning055.

But there are many "monotone" drones which are still very rich, in my view.
droning010
is one of my favourites.

Anyway, thanks for the interest!

--