Re: [LAU] bitwig announcement

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 16 2012 - 12:10:09 EET

On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 06:50:12PM -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 6:12 PM, Alan Russell <ajrussellaudio@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > The platform,
> > software and community are all part of the package when you invest in
> > a new OS. And cross-platform software has zero impact on that.
>
> Well yeah, except that "there's no Ableton Live for Linux" is one of a
> number of reasons, though a particularly good reason, why many people
> could not possibly choose Linux as the platform for what they thought
> they wanted to do.
>
> Bitwig Studio may change that. It certainly seems as if it will remove
> that particular reason from the list.

Another thing that could happen is:

- A number of Linux users buy it and use Bitwig.
- After some time, version N+1 adds some nice features and
  at the same time drops Linux support - "we can't spend all
  that effort/money on supporting such a small market".
- Users want to keep using their toy and switch to OSX or
  Windows.

Ciao,

--
FA
Vor uns liegt ein weites Tal, die Sonne scheint - ein Glitzerstrahl.