[LAU] non-stop recording in FLAC

From: Cas Adriani <cas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 17 2012 - 12:14:38 EET

Hello everyone,

I would like to record multiple streams non-stop in FLAC format. Since I am
quite new in the world of audio I hope somebody could give me some advice.

I was thinking to buy a RME Hammerfall DSP MADI audio card for the input of
all the channels at one time. I try to search what software can split these
channels and convert them to FLAC.

Futhermore I wonder how i can record nonstop, it would be nice to make a 5
minutes file but they need to be gapless from each other (I guess the
encoding to FLAC should also be done after the 5 minute file is complete).

Thanks in advance!

Cas Adriani