Re: [LAU] Protest

From: gene heskett <gheskett@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 17 2012 - 17:06:33 EET

On Tuesday, January 17, 2012 09:41:26 AM Jörn Nettingsmeier did opine:

> On 01/17/2012 11:40 AM, renato wrote:
> > Folderol<folderol@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> >> I am only one individual with a tiny Internet presence, but on
> >> Wednesday my
> >> website will consist of a single page with a message about SOPA and
> >
> > What about taking down linuxaudio.org also?
>
> since SOPA/PIPA is threatening the core infrastructure of linux audio
> development (among many other things), it could be argued that
> linuxaudio.org should be taken down as well. i'm very much in favour of
> that idea.

The more, the merrier. If yet today, this thing snowballs to essentially
shut down the access to anything, and that AFAIAC should include the MSM
news media's sites AND google, at midnight tonight, and leave it down for
24 hours, I think that would demonstrate to the idiots (and that is the
correct term for those who are in the MAFIAA's pockets) that they truly
know not what they are doing. SOPA has been killed in the senate, but the
house version, PIPA is still very much alive. Find out how your reps voted
on it, and replace the ones who voted aye when they next stand for the
office. Whether the bill passes or not makes little difference, we do not
need people who think like that representing us, simply because they are
not representing us when they cast the aye vote.

If we do not reclaim our government, "of the people, by the people, for the
people" according to our Constitution & Bill of Rights, then Thomas
Jefferson will be proven 100% correct. See my .sig, we are well past the
soap, and straddling the ballot and jury boxes right now. If we don't fix
it with the ballot, the jury box will become un-available since they, on
the path they are headed now, will legislate it out of existence, possibly
within my remaining lifetime. That leaves us the last box. Prepare
yourselves accordingly.

Cheers, Gene

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
When pleasure remains, does it remain a pleasure?