Re: [LAU] WNPP 594784 paulstretch -- was Paul's Extreme Sound Stretch

From: Louigi Verona <louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 19 2012 - 06:38:11 EET

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 11:51 PM, Robin Gareus <robin@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On 01/17/2012 03:25 PM, Louigi Verona wrote:
> >> that may be a suitable short-term solution, but why not do it properly
> >> and package it upstream at debian?
> >>
> >> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=594784
> >>
> >> robin
> >>
> > How is that done?
>
> by doing it :)
>
> It's the same process as creating PPA packages. Though, for Debian one
> needs to be a bit more diligent (the package must have proper license
> information, a man page and .desktop file,.. IOW be 'lintian clean' &
> DEP-3 compliant) and become approved (find a 'sponsor' for your uploads).
>
> details are at http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia/DevelopPackaging
>
> After you're done, you can also push it into a PPA until the package
> trickled down the debian-queue to your distribution/release.
>
> I'm on it; call git-buildpackage on
> https://github.com/x42/paulstretch_cpp/tree/master/
>
> robin

Hello, Robin!

I apologize, I never created any debs. I did try to call
git-buildpackage, but it said home/louigi is not a repository,
so I guess I need to do some preparation, but most importantly -
learn how to do this.

I remember I did want to do debs, but it turned out to be a time consuming
and complex process.

I do plan to learn how to use PPA at least. Creating a PPA account might
be useful.

--
Louigi Verona
http://www.louigiverona.ru/