[LAU] Audio software website: own forum or extern?

From: Nils <list@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 28 2012 - 02:21:23 EET

Hello,

I am currently creating the website for my soon to be released gpl notation editor.

I can't decide if the site should offer user accounts for a forum or bug tracker or if I should try to get a subforum at linuxmusicians or kvr etc. (Heck, even facebook)

From one perspective it is good to have user accounts myself, especially if anything like bug-reporter-highscore or donations happen and I want to keep track to give rewards.

But on the other hand it is annoying for the user to create and manage a new account for each little page in the web only to ask one question. It would be nice to use an existing account in an infrastructure you already know and hang around.

What do you think?

Nils