[LAU] Some multi-tracks downloads and mixing resources.

From: Jostein Chr. Andersen <jostein@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 28 2012 - 18:38:59 EET

Hi fellow LAUers!

Do you for whatever reason need to practice mixing or get an impression
of which quality level your recorded tracks should have? Then I have
something for you:

I have collected links that points to some places that contains some high
quality multi-tracks. Some of them costs money (Raw-Tracks.com), others
not and most of them are 16-bit/44100 files or better in wav/flac format
and should fit any DAW.

Raw-Tracks.com:
   http://www.raw-tracks.com/v-web/portal/cms/index.php

  This site has 11 songs and the cost is $5 each. The quality is
  is what you can expect from an average professional recording
  for rock music. This is IMO the best place to start because here
  you will use every aspect of editing and mixing.

Mike Senior:
  http://www.cambridge-mt.com/ms-mtk.htm

  More than 90 songs with multi-tracks! It's all kinds of music and
  most of it is of high quality. And the end result after mixing
  should possibly be professional.

  Mike Senior have the "Mixing Secrets" column in the Sound On
  Sound Magazine so you will find lots of comments for this songs.

REAL WORLD REMIXED
  http://www.realworldremixed.com/

  Peter Gabriel's project with high quality recordings, 18 songs
  at the moment. I have only tested two songs and the tracks
  was already processed and clear for down mix. I don't know
  if some songs have raw tracks. This is however a great chance
  to learn the edit capabilities in your editor/DAW.

Other downloads:
  http://www.shakingthrough.com/stems
  http://www.ninremixes.com

Some mixing resources: