Re: [LAU] Program or script to simulate a CD based on toc-file

From: Andreas Ruge <andreas.ruge@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 30 2012 - 13:49:35 EET

Hi Julien,

> My situation: I'm experimenting with toc-files, but I am not yet
> sure, if I fully grasped allthe details and I'd like to see a
> few behaviours based on some decisions without burning CD after
> CD. A nice script would do. I'm mainlky interested in succession
> of tracks, gaps - orno gaps - perhaps indices. CD-TEXT would be
> welcome luxury. Any ideas on the matter are very much
> appreciated.

With pre-gaps and the like I may or may not be able to help you, but
CD text fields in toc files I have just recently investigated to
make Ardour's toc export bullet proof with regard to non-ASCII
characters and proper escaping. I did this on my Notebook--which
doesn't even have a CD text capable burner--by modifying the cdrdao
source to output the result of it's toc sheet parser and the encoded
CD text buffer. So for CD text field handling, maybe I can help.
What are you looking for?

Best

P.S.: I guess you could simply ask your questions about the toc
syntax here if you want, because I think the cdrdao mailing lists
are very quiet nowadays.

--
Diplom-Tonmeister Andreas Ruge
Recording Producer/Balance Engineer