Re: [LAU] Audacity + persistent JACK ports -- was: DC offset

From: Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre.prokoudine@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 31 2012 - 15:05:59 EET

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 4:23 PM, Robin Gareus wrote:

> We could petition for "proper" JACK support in Audacity, but that'd
> involve to directly add JACK to Audacity and bypass the portaudio
> abstraction or to work-around the issue in in portaudio's JACK hostapi.
> Likely, Audacity-devs are not prepared to do either :(
>
> Are any Audacity developers subscribed here to comment on the issue?
>
> Is anyone subscribed at http://audacity.sourceforge.net/contact/lists
> to forward this bug-report/feature-request? Has it been reported before?

Yes, we are well aware of that.

We've been toying an idea for some years to rewrite the processing
backend after release of 2.0. We even have some initial code. How it
will look architecture-wise, AFAIK, remains an open question.

But we still need some sort of abstraction, because a huge part of the
user base is on Windows, and getting Audacity to work properly on
WIndows 7 was already quite an effort.

The good news is that last week we fixed the last big issues that were
blocking v2.0 release

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org